VAT Refund Scheme for Expo Dubai 2020 Participants made available by FTA
DUBAI – The Federal Tax Authority has made a refund plan for taxes paid on goods and services related with Expo 2020 Dubai official participants.
The refund of Value Added Tax Paid on Goods and Services Connected with Expo 2020 Dubai plan is implemented by the FTA in line with UAE Cabinet Decision No. (1) of 2020.
The FTA and International Bureau of Expo 2020 Dubai are coordinating daily to ensure fast processing of all participant applications and making sure that they response to enquiries promptly. Khalid Ali Al Bustani, Director-General of the FTA also stated that the FTA provides telephone service to cater and facilitate VAT registration requests from international participants, who are given priority to receive clear instructions and registration details.
Al Bustani said VAT registration processes for several participating countries have already been completed. A special VAT refund request can also be requested and processed upon submission through integrated platform office. Participants not registered for VAT can use this platform for assistance.
Official participants in Expo 2020 Dubai must take note of the following comprehensive guide issued by FTA:
- VAT incurred by official participants on goods and services in direct connection with the construction, installation, alteration, decoration, and dismantlement of their exhibition space.
- VAT incurred by the official participants on goods and services in direct connection with the works and activities of organizing and operating the official participant’s exhibition space, as well as any presentations and events taking place within the Expo 2020 site.
- VAT incurred by the official participant on goods and services related to the actual operations of the official participant, provided that the value of each product or service claimed is not less than AED200.
- VAT incurred by the official participant in connection with all operations, services, and activities provided for the purpose of participation in Expo 2020 Dubai, whether located within or outside the boundaries of the Expo site.
- VAT incurred on the import of goods for personal use of the official participant’s section commissioner general, section staff and the beneficiaries.
Visit FTA’s website www.tax.gov.ae to read more about the guide.
© Copyright Emirates News Agency (WAM) 2021.