You want to apply for the Golden Visa in the UAE but you have no clue whether you are eligible or not and what source of information to trust. In this piece we shall discuss which citizens are eligible for the visa as well the necessary assets needed. An individual is eligible to use for a 10-year visa while not a sponsor if his investments within the UAE are a minimum of Dh10 million. The same investments ought to be freed from any loans and may be preserved for a minimum of 3 years.
Under this category the investor – whereas applying for the residency visa – can also sponsor their spouse as well as any dependants they may have. Further, any individual that owns properties worth Dh5 million or more within the UAE is eligible to apply for a five-year visa. Under these categories, the properties ought to be preserved for a minimum of 3 years and there ought to be no loan on them.
Entrepreneurs within the UAE who own investments within the UAE that are valued at a minimum capital of Dh5 million also are eligible to apply for a five-year visa. Such entrepreneurs could also sponsor their spouse, dependents, one business partner and 3 executives.
Individuals that do not fall under the investor or entrepreneur categories could apply if they possess specialised skills. Individuals within the fields of science and information like doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors also as well as inventive people within the field of culture and art could apply also.
Other categories that can apply for the Golden Visa include:
- Scientists who are licenced by The Emirates Scientists Council or holders of the Mohammed Bin Rashid award for Scientific Excellence
- Inventive Individuals in culture and art who should be licenced by Ministry of Culture and information Development
- Inventors that have patents to products that benefit the economy of UAE. Those Patents should be approved by the Ministry of Economy.
- Individuals with exceptional skills should have them documented by patents or a have a research published in a renowned journal.
- Executives that are the main bread earner of a household and are employed by an internationally recognized company or are working in a C-Level managerial position or above.
Doctors and specialists should meet a minimum of two of the following conditions:
- A Ph. D. degree from one of the top five hundred universities around the world
- A certificate of appreciation within the field of the applicant’s work
- Contribution to a serious research within the applicant’s field of specialty
- Published articles or scientific books in distinguished publications within the applicant’s field of specialty
- Membership in associate organisation associated with the sphere
- A Ph.D. degree, additionally to ten years skilled expertise within the applicant’s field of specialty
Further, outstanding students that are accepted in worldwide recognised colleges and universities within or outside the UAE could apply for the semi permanent residency visas. Those visas can also include their families. If anyone within the UAE falls underneath the categories mentioned above, they can apply for the Golden Visa directly through the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).